Saturday 21 May 2011

Captain's Trip

One of the background things a captain has to do is arrange a trip for members - not surprisingly it's called the Captain's trip.

I've been trying to think for almost a year of where to go and when to arrange it. I wanted it to be as available as possible - such as a Friday afternoon at the end of July, when it wouldn't clash with too much else - and also somewhere where we haven't had an outing for some time. That ruled out some of my favourite courses like Kilspindie and Longniddry. I thought of going south - Hartlepool looked good - but north is easier. I narrowed the choice down to the Hirsel, Duns and Dunbar: all courses I'd played and liked. Dunbar seemed to be one people had played least, and they had tee times available when I wanted. And Travelsure knew the way and had a bus to hand.

So I've booked some tee times at Dunbar on the afternoon of Friday 29 July. I'll put up the notice soon - after the other notice asking for people to play in the Seahouses friendly (which is on June 5th) is full. And then, just as with any party, worry whether enough or too many people will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment